I just finished watching the Spartacus series from STARZ. I was instantly hooked from the beginning to the very end. I didn't know this when I first started watching the show, but Spartacus' story actually happened in ancient Roman history (around 71 BC). That meant that the eventual ending of the show was inevitable, but the three seasons and miniseries it took to get there was worth it.

I first heard of the show Spartacus when Andy Whitfield tragically passed two years ago. If I was a fan of the show back then, I would have been very saddened by the news. After one season as Spartacus, in my heart, Andy Whitfield is Spartacus. He captured his emotions so beautifully - showing vulnerability in some scenes and hardened resolve in the next.

The rest of the cast is also great. (Including Liam McIntyre who had to replace Andy Whitfield.) Every character had a story to tell and a role to play in this story that will forever have its place in the history books.

*Note: This show is very violent and gory.


Leave a Reply