I've been pretty tough on new shows this season because I'm trying not to add more shows onto my ever-growing list of shows I can't live without. I only started watching four new series: Pan Am, Up All Night, Charlie's Angels and New Girl. On an interim basis at least. Even with only four, I'm trying my best to keep from being too invested in them. So far, it's been working out pretty well. I only watch the new episodes when I'm bored and I have nothing to do.

Things might change with Pan Am. The main reason I started to watch Pan Am was because it was on after The Good Wife and I had nothing else to do. The pilot was pretty impressive but the second episode wasn't as interesting. I was ready to let this show go. That is, until last night's episode. The whole episode was much better than episode two as a whole, but what really caught my attention was Karine Vanasse's Colette Valois. A French stewardess, Colette spent this episode dealing with her hatred towards Nazi Germany (since the stewardesses flew into Berlin).

Last night, Colette gave Pan Am depth and emotion. If the Pan Am writers can give us more scenes and story lines like these, I might actually have to add this show to my list permanently.


2 Comments

  1. Colette's my favourite character! I like the show but it's so white-washed. I wish there were some different ethnicities thrown in (besides Sanjeev lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently Pan Am hired a lot of Asian stewardesses before. To enhance their worldliness or something. I don't know if the writers didn't know about them, haven't introduced them yet, or are scrambling to find Asian actors who have not already committed to Hawaii Five-0 lol

    ReplyDelete