I have decided to pop my blog cherry with tonight's episode of The Good Wife. I loved tonight's episode. I'm probably going to say that about every episode of The Good Wife, but for now I'll attempt to defend my overwhelming feelings for this show anyway.

First off, I liked the case they were facing. Well, maybe not so much the case as much as the fact that Alicia and Will had to deal with the British courts. The British courts have different customs and laws that Alicia and Will aren't accustomed to, and that makes for some pretty funny moments (see: Will's face when the judge called him out for turning his back to him). Plus, I think Lockhart-Gardner needs some curveballs thrown at them every now and then.

Another reason why this episode was awesome was this new relationship between Eli and Kalinda. How did we ever survive without an Eli/Kalinda working relationship before? Putting together the two most badass characters on the show can only result in awesomeness. And the promise of more to come makes me giddy with excitement.

Fast-forward through some other great moments tonight: Zach guessing what happened between his parents, Zach being extra nice to his mom because of it, Will's face when Alicia turned it on during the proceedings, Will and Alicia planning to do it in the bathroom, the lowly solicitor sticking it to the big bad bully...

And then there's Diane Lockhart. Diane, who is truly the HBIC on this show. She says so much without having to say anything directly and she knows so much more than she lets on. But she keeps a cool head and stays out of the drama. She knows what she has to do logically and that reasoning threatens to shake things up at Lockhart-Gardner.

Great work by the writers. I'm looking forward to more of this season.


Leave a Reply