Now that the trailers are up for the new fall shows, here's the ones I'm planning on giving a try:


The Mindy Project, Tuesdays at 9:30pm on FOX
I love Mindy Kaling so even though the trailer wasn't as funny as I was hoping, I still gotta support her. It helps that it's on after The New Girl since it'll probably appeal to the same audience. My prediction (if the show lasts long enough) - Mindy's character will end up dating the "mean" doctor.


The Mob Doctor, Mondays at 9pm on FOX
This isn't the type of show I would usually get into but there's Zach Gilford (Friday Night Lights) and Jordana Spiro (My Boys)! I'm not sure how well it will do but mobsters + hospitals might be an interesting mix. 


Nashville, Wednesdays at 10pm on ABC
Zero points for creativity - this show is almost an exact replica of the movie, Country Strong. But with Connie Britton as the lead, I have to give it a shot. I've got a soft spot for all the Friday Night Lights alumni. I can already see myself hating on the bitchy Hayden Panettiere.


Partners, Mondays at 8:30pm on CBS
Michael Urie essentially plays the same character as he did on Ugly Betty but I'm not complaining, I loved Marc St. James. Also, yay Sophia Bush! I have nothing else to watch on Mondays at 8:30 and it's easy to give a half hour sitcom a chance.


Elementary, Thursdays at 10pm on CBS
I haven't watched BBC's Sherlock Holmes yet so I can't compare the two but from this trailer, I like Jonny Lee Miller's Sherlock Holmes. The fact that Watson is played by Lucy Liu is an interesting change too. As long as the two of them have a good dynamic, I think the show might do well. Thursdays is a tough day though. (Sidenote: I don't know who decided to move Glee to Thursdays but that was a terrible idea. They're already losing viewers and now they have to compete against Grey's Anatomy, The Office, and Parks & Recreation. Obviously, Glee is off my TV list now.)


One Comment

  1. Out of these, I'd probably watch The Mindy Project, Partners, and Elementary. =P

    ReplyDelete