I apologize for being late on this post but hey, at least I got it done before this week's new episode. I've been working long hours with a long commute and writing a blog post is the last thing on my mind. It doesn't help that there's no one left on The X Factor that I like. I have no motivation! 



1. Carly Rose Sonenclar - Rolling In The Deep
There's no doubt that she's the best singer in the competition but I still haven't gotten around to liking her. Simon keeps calling her an alien as a compliment but it enhances the fact that she has NO personality. They did their best trying to show her interacting with her brother but the whole cupcake in the face felt staged.


2. Tate Stevens - Somebody Like You
I like that he went upbeat. It was fun and it came across like you were at a concert of his. At this point, I'm rooting for Tate. I'm not a huge fan of country music but I can see him being successful in the country world and he's got a back story that makes you want to root for him. He can't go back to paving roads! I'm not sure his old boss would even hire him back after Tate's mentioned a bazillion times how much he hates his job back home.



3. Emblem3 - I'm A Believer
I had a brief moment last week where I didn't mind them but I'm back to hating them again. Their performance was terrible! I can't believe Simon thought they would be #1 after that. The whole time I kept thinking, "Shrek, Shrek, Shrek!" (I also hate that movie). And I cannot stand that stupid guy taking off his clothes, flexing his biceps, and smacking his abs. WTF? I get that Simon is looking for another One Direction but these boys aren't it. I'm not even sure how girls can find them attractive. 


4. Fifth Harmony - Stronger
This was one of their stronger (pun intended) performances vocally but I'm not sure who keeps making the decision to keep them standing in a line. This was the perfect performance for them to work the stage but instead we got some awkward wiggling on the spot. I also didn't understand why there were giant digital versions of themselves standing in front of fire as a backdrop. Who comes up with this stuff? And another thing that bugs me about them is that THERE'S NEVER ANY HARMONY. These girls have to step it up. 


5. CeCe Frey - Lady Marmalade
Last week I said I wanted to see the sassy CeCe back and we got her! It's like the shit on her face gives her confidence. It was a fun performance to watch but it's time for CeCe to go home. Who keeps voting for this girl? 


6. Diamond White - I Wanna Dance With Somebody
I like that she tried something different than her usual ballads but I'm not sure if it worked. Maybe it was the song choice? The beginning of the song was gorgeous but she stood up and it's like she forgot how to sing. I still give her props for doing something upbeat though. She looked like a relevant, current singer. 
Singing for Survival - I Was Here
The girl can sing. Diamond's going to sing all Whitney and Beyonce songs from here on out. 


7. ELIMINATED - Vino Alan - Lost That Loving Feeling
Oooh, sabotage! This was by far the worst performance of the night. Even worse than Emblem3! LA Reid wanted to push him to number one but LA's song choice ended up dragging him to the bottom instead. And Vino wasn't wearing a hat. I told you to always wear a hat Vino! You scared the voters away!
Singing for Survival - Trouble
I really liked Vino and was sad to see him go. It was a smart strategy by Simon to eliminate Vino though since he was consistently in third place above his groups in the rankings. 


8. ELIMINATED - Paige Thomas - Never Gonna Give You Up
I love that Paige stuck up for herself and didn't listen to Demi. Her singing wasn't perfect but I think Paige has got star quality and it sucks to see her go. 


Leave a Reply