Why I wanted to watch this show: I was looking for something that wasn't too serious but I also wasn't in the mood for sitcoms. (I just finished a rewatch of Friends and nothing is going to live up to that.) I follow echofades on tumblr and her taste in television is just awesome. I watched Leverage and Castle because of her, so when she recommended Lost Girl, I trusted her.

What I like about the show: The main character of the show is a succubus who basically feeds off people's sexual chi, but that's not what the show is all about. The first few episodes are kind of sexually charged, but it tempers out a bit and becomes more about the secret mystical creatures (called the Fae) that live among the humans and all the politics involved. Plus, the main character has great chemistry with a couple people (so far) so I can't even pick one OTP.

Why I would recommend this show to other people: It's funny and entertaining. And it's Canadian! I feel so patriotic, watching this show. Also, I like that this show doesn't focus on just two or three supernatural species (like vampires and werewolves) so they don't have to weave complicated histories about each species. When Lost Girl deals with history, it's either one person's past or the Fae political history.


One Comment

  1. I remember seeing the season 2 trailer for this show before watching a movie in the theatres and it looked so interesting because the trailer tells you absolutely NOTHING!! It just looked so creepy/eerie...

    ReplyDelete