First off, I believe that whoever does Demi Lovato's hair and makeup has got to cool it down a notch, or maybe more like ten. She morphs every episode into something different, and it is not necessarily attractive either. Don't get me wrong, I think she is an attractive woman but when you got crazy hairstyles, morphing eyebrows, and pounds of makeup on, "less is more" immediately comes to mind.

Britney on the other hand, can probably use more makeup because she looks aged, exhausted, and colourless! Not to mention, she doesn't really have much to say on the show, and keeps giving the same comments over and over again.

Then there's LA Reid who gets angry at other judges randomly and just bashes whoever he is mad at indirectly through the contestants, which is horrible! He is definitely not afraid to be completely biased and is probably in this more for winning the competition between the judges.

Simon can actually be the most reasonable judge on the show it seems (I find myself agreeing with him most of the time), but he has his pervy moments. Khloe Kardashian, please stop flirting with him on live television. I don't care what your marital status is, but I can see that hand of yours repeatedly reaching out for him and stroking him. It's really disturbing to watch.

And to sum it all up, the live shows are like a massive production mess because nobody knows what they're doing, or where they should be, what they should say, or even when they should say it! I believe even the people working the cameras get a little confused! That or they're just really good at catching the moments they're not supposed to. I mean, yeah it's live, but come on, at least try to make it look like you know what you're doing!

But that's not what the show is all about. Let's discuss contestants in the order of current rank!

  • Tate Stevens: He's adorable but I wonder if he's ever going to do something other than country because it's getting repetitive...or maybe just turn some pop song into country. That might be cool too.
  • Carly Rose Sonenclar: Amazing voice, but there's something about her that I just don't really like. I don't know what it is though. Regardless, she's killing it!
  • Vino Alan: I'm thinking he's kinda a boring performer, but I liked his performance of "When a Man Loves a Woman"! And I like him for who he is, so I hope he does well still!
  • Diamond White: Sings really well, but doesn't really compare to Carly. I can hear her straining her voice. Is it just me who hears this??
  • Fifth Harmony: I'm on the fence on whether I find this group pretty good or pretty annoying. They have moments where they sound great together but also moments when it sounds really off. But it's cute how much they seem to have bonded, what with their hand-holding and hugs and whatnot.
  • Emblem3: While it seems like they are collectively lacking some IQ, and they talk like stereotypical surfer dudes, I actually really like them! Besides, it's true that they're kinda hot.
  • Jennel Garcia: Fireball of fun! I love her! But I agree with Simon, and don't like this new image. It's as if Demi decided to share her hair and makeup artist with her. Yikes.
  • Paige Thomas: Loved her performance of "Take My Breath Away". I like her, but her performances are lacking. Also, she reminds me of Rihanna.
  • LYRIC145: So different from everything else!! Rapper group! Pretty awesome. Their last performance's style, both physically- and musically-speaking, reminded me a little bit of 2NE1. The girl rapper, Lyric, is killing it.
  • Beatrice Miller: I didn't even remember her until I heard her sing "Titanium" at the judge's house, which was sooooo good! I really want her to kill it just as much as Carly is, but clearly she's not really putting in a good enough of a fight.
  • Arin Ray: He's looks and sounds like a little Chris Brown/Ne-yo.
  • Cece Frey: While she was definitely a bitch at the beginning of the show, I think the editing emphasized it a little too much and brought her to quite a disadvantage - so yeah, I feel bad for her. But honestly, her singing isn't really turning out so well. I can hear her straining her voice too. Is it really just me who thinks this? She does have the look though, and I like her with blonde hair!
I actually like a lot of the performers, so I'm pretty curious to see who gets to the top. I guess I'll have to wait and see!


2 Comments

  1. I was going to do an X Factor post! Maybe I still will. My thoughts on the contestants differ from yours. I agree with your thoughts on the judges though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I contemplated doing pics, but I am infinitely too lazy LOL! Your posts are always prettier. =P

      Delete