I'm going to try my best to keep up with these weekly X Factor posts but I got a job (!) so I can't promise anything.

The background stories they feature on X Factor are getting to be a bit much, no? Let's use the most depressing sob story you've got to get people to vote for you! Oh, you don't have a sob story? Then let's somehow incorporate God or the troops into your package! Man, I get so cynical when I watch The X Factor. On to the singing!


1. Carly Rose Sonenclar - Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Carly Rose has a boring personality and her lips look weird when she sings but she had the best performance this week, hands down. They should also show her brother more often. He's a cutie!


2. Tate Stevens - I'm Already There

Baby Tate is so cute! I'm running out of things to say about Tate each week. He's consistently good but all his performances are starting to sound the same. I want to see him try something different, maybe put a country twang on an unexpected song. Even if he totally bombs it, I think he's got enough fans to stay at the top of the standings.


3. Vino Alan - God Bless the USA
Maybe it's because I'm Canadian but this performance was super cheesy, no? There was an eagle flying behind him! Then again, Americans are super patriotic so singing a song that sounded like an anthem was probably a smart move. I like Vino's voice but he looks so awkward when he performs. His shoulders scrunch up, he hunches, and his hand doesn't stop shaking.


4. Emblem3 - Secrets
Drew's youth leader/mentor gives off a weird vibe to me. Maybe that's why Drew rubs me the wrong way too. As for their performance this week, I liked it (surprisingly!). Getting them to sit down was a smart move since it made them look less spastic. I don't know why they always give the majority of the singing parts to Wesley. I think Keaton actually sounds better - he looks awkward when he's working the stage but he's the only one of the three that doesn't annoy me. (Btw, I had no idea what their names were - I had to look it up online haha)
 

5. Diamond White - Because You Loved Me
I love this song and Diamond rocked it. I think she almost forgot the words for a split second though. "You were my errrrrs when I couldn't see".


6. Paige Thomas - Everytime
Paige's story is heartbreaking. I can't imagine losing my mom at the age of 6. Unfortunately airing her story right before she got on stage ended up harming her performance. Her emotions took over and her voice was pitchy the entire time. It's not easy to sing when you're crying so at least she got to the end of the song. Despite what Britney said, she didn't look amused that Paige was singing her song.


7. Fifth Harmony - I'll Stand By You
Is it bad that I never remember what song they sang? Individually they're good singers but their performances are always so bland. They just stand in a line and sing a few lines each. They need a memorable moment or else they're going to keep slipping down in the standings.




8. SAVED - CeCe Frey - Wind Beneath My Wings
I used to hate the cheetah-print CeCe but I have to say, I kind of miss that sassy, confident girl. I never thought I would say that. There's no doubt that CeCe desperately wants to win but she seems so fragile now and it's affecting her singing. To be fair, she did have a heartbreaking story so I'll give her a pass.
Singing for Survival -  Because Of You
This was absolutely terrible. It sounded like someone singing karaoke. I have no idea how she was saved.



9. ELIMINATED - Beatrice Miller - Chasing Cars
I hate to say this because Beatrice was one of my favourites but she peaked the week of the Judges' Houses. I don't know if it was bad song choices or because Beatrice put so much pressure on herself but she's never sounded as good as she did when she sang "Titanium". 
Singing for Survival - White Flag
Even though she looked like she was about to burst into tears at any moment, she still managed to make the song sound good. Way better than CeCe anyway. Gaah, stupid judges. I want to give the poor girl a hug.  


10. ELIMINATED - Arin Ray - Hero
The minute I heard Arin was singing Enrique Iglesias' "Hero", I knew he was a goner. That's a terrible song to dedicate to your brother! I was rooting for Arin but it was obvious he didn't have a large fan base and was never going to win. I'm going to console myself by re-watching his "American Girl" performance. It's the one week everything went right for him.


One Comment

  1. Man, the first time so far that I was disappointed in Simon's decision. Like, fine Cece is suddenly nicer and showing a better side of personality but she was SO OFF PITCH in that sing off!! I cringe every time she sings!! I think if Simon just let it go to deadlock, Cece would've been out. Why do they keep saving her? Am I the only one hearing how bad it is? Everyone wanted to give poor Beatrice a hug. =(

    ReplyDelete