I  don't watch many half-hour comedies but I'm starting to appreciate their lightheartedness. Half-hour sitcoms are the easiest to watch after a long, hard day at work. That being said, I gave two of Kelly's shows a shot.

Guys with Kids
I love it! I have to admit, the premise of the show doesn't sound all that enticing. Three dads taking care of babies? What's so good about that? I was picturing episodes about struggling to change a baby's diaper or trying to get some sleep. But the show doesn't dwell too much on the babies at all. Mostly, it's about the friendship that these three guys have, and how that has changed after they've become dads. All three have their funny quirks, but my favorite would have to be Nick (Zach Cregger), who's like a 30-year old kid.

Don't Trust the B---- in Apt 23
I actually tried to watch this before Guys with Kids, but she show didn't stick with me. I liked Krysten Ritter and her weirdness, and I liked how the show constantly made fun of James van der Beek being forever linked with his role as Dawson. But that's where the appeal stopped for me. To be honest, I wasn't a big fan of the character June (Dreama Walker), who's one of the two leads. I gave the show a shot, but lasted three episodes. I'm sad that I'll miss out on all the cool cameos they got so far and will get in the future.


Leave a Reply