Every so often I like to evaluate my shows and cut down my TV list because I admit, it gets a little ridiculous. Once I stop watching a show, I stop watching for good and I don't look back; Private Practice, Bones, Burn Notice, White Collar...I don't miss them at all (well, except maybe Matt Bomer's pretty face).

On the chopping block this year: Gossip Girl, Pan Am, Glee, Chuck, The Walking Dead

  • The only reason I continue watching Gossip Girl is for the possibility of Dan and Blair. Nate's storyline hasn't been interesting since he dated Serena. Charlie annoys the heck out of me. Chuck is so sad and mopey now. And I was never a fan of Serena. I fast forward through most of it each week.
  • Pan Am doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Each episode just feels so random. I also did not agree with leaving the dead man's body in Haiti. I'm sorry but that's just disrespectful, no matter how they tried to justify their reasoning. 
  • Every week I watch Glee, I sit there wondering why I continue watching when I'm not even enjoying it. I hate how the show tries to teach lessons and how incredibly unrealistic the show is. Then songs like the mashup of Adele's Rumour Has It / Somebody Like You are performed and I'm hooked in again. 
  • I haven't truly enjoyed an episode of Chuck in a long long time, probably because I don't really care about Chuck and Sarah being together. I was going to stop watching last season but they announced that this year would be the final season and I figured I should finish the series. Now that the final season is airing, I find I still don't care. 
  • The Walking Dead is moving at snail speed and certain characters were making me angry. Stupid girl, why'd you run away? Stupid boy, why'd you get shot? Stupid man, why won't you give Andrea her gun? Stupid woman, why would you want your son to die? Stupidity everywhere! I finally got around to watching the last two episodes though and it's not as bad now. If I could make a request though: MORE zombies! And more Daryl, please.

I haven't dropped any shows yet. I'll probably give them another week or two and see how it goes.


2 Comments

  1. You know how I feel about Gossip Girl...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why I'm watching Glee either. I feel the exact same way as you do about it. Loved that Adele mashup!

    ReplyDelete