1. Great music - Season one especially did it for me. I was hearing classic hip hop beats that you can't really find on any other show. The soundtrack isn't all hip hop though - far from it. But you can tell that whoever picks the music for the show takes his job seriously. Plus, the theme song is Aloe Blacc! That's further proof right there.

2. Bryan Greenberg - He's just adorable. I always see him play these good-guy characters you can't help but love, and Ben Epstein is no different.

3. It's an HBO show! - Ever since The Wire, I've had such high respect for HBO shows. I have this (possibly biased) belief that HBO will never waste money on crap and so far I haven't been proven wrong yet.

4. New York - I've only been to New York a few times but I love the city - and when I say the city I mean all of it. Not the little slice of New York we see on Gossip Girl. How To Make It In America deals with a bigger part of New York - the more hipster scenes, other boroughs, riding the subway (!), etc.

How To Make It In America isn't going to win an Emmy anytime soon. It's not going to have the most fans or even the most passionate fans. But it's a great show and it's definitely worth watching. (And again... Bryan Greenberg!)


3 Comments

  1. BRYAN GREENBERG?!?! Alright, I'm gonna start LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand why everyone is attracted to Rachel. She's like my least favourite character.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a big fan of Rachel either. I think it's just the bros-before-hos concept though, really.

    ReplyDelete