Someone should have given me a warning of how addicted I was going to get with Homeland. I knew it was good, as their sweep at the Emmys has proved, but I didn't know how much I needed it. I may have set a personal record with how quickly I consumed the first season. In three days, I finished all 12 episodes and had I downloaded the last 4 episodes earlier, I might have finished the whole thing even quicker. Now I know 12 episodes may not sound like a lot but we aren't talking about some light comedy here. Homeland is some intense shit that requires your full attention. And once it's done, it leaves you sitting there thinking, "omg did that just happen?....need next episode now!"

Claire Danes wholeheartedly deserves the Emmy she got this year. She's never been an actress that left a lasting impression; in fact, the only thing I can really recall her being in is Romeo + Juliet but she is most definitely not the innocent Juliet anymore. Claire Danes can play manic really really well, so much so that if you were to ask me what image pops up in my mind when Homeland is mentioned, it's her crazy eyes. Those crazy crazy eyes.

I still have yesterday's Season 2 premiere to watch but I'm torn. I really want to watch it but once it's finished I have to wait 6 more days for another episode. I've never had to wait that long between Homeland episodes! How did everyone else manage to wait MONTHS between seasons?



Leave a Reply